Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life never goes as we expect it to. What we want, may not always be what we will get and it may not always be what is right.

I read this on another blog yesterday.  It really does ring true in so many ways.

I never expected to:

bury my son at the age of 25.  Hell, I never expected to bury any of my children.  EVER

be with a man that makes me want to pull my hair out, baggage coming out of every orpheus, that I'm still head over heels, completely, and madly in love with.

be a stay at home mom.

What I want:

to have all my children, both our boys, here with us.  Living, breathing, screaming, hell raising monsters.  Yup, I want more madness and insanity.

that same man with checked baggage, not carry on.

my life plan never had me home with my kids longer than the 8 weeks after they were born until they could go into daycare.  I knew from a young age that i wanted to be a working mom.  Somehow i knew that SAHM wasn't going to satisfy me.

What I got:

 A dead son, a perfectly healthy living son, a step-son, and 2 step-daughters.

A man that is leaving some baggage at the baggage claim, and asking for help with the remaining.

Experience as a SAHM for 1.5 years and an awesome job that I really feel is going to turn into a career.

Is it right?

Well, we may not be picture perfect.  But we paint a perfect picture for us.  We are happy, and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment